Skip to main content

{Awesome} Banana Bread

Finally, (I know, it took forever) here is my {awesome} banana bread recipe. Complete with walnuts AND dark chocolate chips. Those of you that know me (like in person) know that this is my trademark yummiest bread recipe.
So here's what you need:
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour {sift before measuring}
2/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 mashed RIPE, {see photo below} medium bananas
1/3 cup margarine
2 tablespoons milk
2 eggs
1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional of course)
1/4 {give or take} cup dark chocolate; to make it more of a dessert bread {I actually prefer it without the chocolate but the hubby LOVES it so I make it that way because I LOVE him}

Now let me first say that the key is to SIFTSift as if your life depended on it. And if you don't have a sifter... buy one! Not only do you need to sift the individual cups of flour BEFORE you measure them, but you also need to sift the flour a second time along with the dry ingredients. 
So now that you're in on my little secret and sift is your new favorite word... on to the instructions:

Combine 1 cup sifted flour and all dry ingredients using a sifter.
Add mashed banana, margarine and milk.
Beat with electric mixer until blended.
Add eggs and remaining sifted flour and beat until blended.
Stir in nuts and chocolate.
Pour batter in a greased and floured loaf pan(s); note: Use margarine to grease the pan then tap flour evening around the pan removing all excess.
Bake in the center of a 350 degree F oven for 55-60 minutes. For this batch I used mini loaf pans and baked them for about 35 minutes at the same temperature.
How you know it's done?
1. the top cracks {and}
2. a toothpick inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean.

So there you have it. The awesomest banana bread ever! If you decide to bake some for yourself please let me know how you like {love} it and if you made any changes to the recipe how did it turn out?
{these bananas are in a much better place now}
xoxo

Comments

  1. OMGoodness. I wish I was your neighbor because I would totally be over there eating all your bread =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. going to try this one. and going to buy me a sifter because right now i use my pasta drainer as a sifter. and that just ain't working. so i fore-go the sifting and end up with a rock hard cake.so yes.SIFT people!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree - sift sift sift! People underestimate the power of sifting. Looks fairly similar to my recipe. Have you ever tried using real buttah instead of oil & water - I mean, margarine? Yum, Yum, Yum. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness!!! with dark choc? yum!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like blogger's little mishap restored the post but killed the comments everyone wrote. Sorry if your comment has disappeared. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my gosh...YUM! i wanna make this and smear it with butter..

    http://bottleblack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. yay! I have bananas that are very ripe...now I know what I'm doing with them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This banana bread looks wonderful. I love that you add walnuts and chocolate chips in it! Really awesome! :) Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful weekend!

    Amy
    http://utry.it

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum! Don't you love being able to use old bananas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmm, going to have to try this :) We buy a LOT of bananas every week, and I always freeze some for pancakes, or muffins or some other application.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We make a gluten free version...and always with dark chocolate! Yummmmmm!

    Xo,
    Linsey

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok that looks delicious! I will definitely be making some as soon as I've got RIPE bananas!

    xoxo
    Janee
    yellowbirdyellowbeard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh! This looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Uhhh. This looks AMAZING. And you take AWESOME pictures! Such an eye for the camera :D Can't wait to try!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ok my three bananas are on top of the fridge ripening :) I'll let you know when I make this delicious bread!

    xoxo
    Janee

    ReplyDelete
  16. So I was going to take a photo of the bread to show you... but it was gone before I could get to my camera. I'm not joking. We had some guys over for game night and it was gone instantly. Thanks for the recipe! I cooked it just a couple minutes too long but other than that it was heaven! And I sifted just like you said too :)

    xoxo
    Janee

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Popular posts from this blog

New to the Shop :: Pretty Packaging KITS

These are seriously the cutest   Pretty Packaging KITS ! Just in time for Christmas too! Oh, and guess what... they're only $5 bucks each and are available in the shop ! Are you kidding me?! Here's what you'll get: (1) 4x4x2 kraft box (1) black glitter embossed card of your choosing (1) large sheet of hot pink tissue paper (10 yards) hot pink and black baker's twine (9 yards) hot pink, black and white ribbon (3) hot pink pom poms (1) hot pink carnival ticket (3) hot pink mini clothespins So many fun goodies with lots of different ways to create your own personal touch. The added bonus- you'll receive more than enough pretty ribbon and twine to use on your other packaging as well and we even sell other colors in 10 yard spools too. And look how adorable they look with our gold dinos ! We've even added pretty, gold deer to the shop for the holidays too! Happy wrapping!!! xx Sécia F O L L O W   U S   O N   I N S T

Palm Springs Iconic Home Tour

As some of you may know, this week is Modernism Week in Palm Springs, California and we had the unique opportunity of touring the newly named historic site, the Menrad House, designed by William Krisel. It was the perfect balance of casual flow and minimalist simplicity. All I can say is I wanted to move in right then and there. Loving this retro design and those clerestory windows allowing for all of that natural light without sacrificing ones privacy. That artwork is fantastic and the bedding in that master bedroom...  love . This patio cover is to die for. A genius way to provide a bit of shade without feeling closed in. The design is so simple but the overall effect is absolutely stunning. Apparently, these homes sold so fast that a brochure was never even produced to promote them. I snapped a few shots of the neighboring houses and will share them soon. Next up, a tour of vintage trailers and caravans on Saturday. Can't wait to get inspired for wh

Purple Power Juice

As we wrap up our 3 day juice reboot , I find myself thinking about this fruity concoction we enjoyed on day 2 . A strong, berry burst with a bite of ginger, perfect as a morning pick-me-up. Remember, fruit is best consumed in the morning on an empty stomach because it moves through your digestive system much faster than other foods. 6 cups of concord grapes 1 green apple 1/2 cup of blackberries 2 2"  pieces of ginger (I used 1 1" piece because ginger is super strong) Enjoy! xo Sécia Check out our other juice recipes  here ! F O L L O W    U S   O N    I N S T A G R A M   ::    @seciasophia